If you are interested in job, internship, or board opportunities at IMPACT Silver Spring, please see positions below.
IMPACT Job Opportunities
Candidates for Board of Directors
At IMPACT Silver Spring, we envision Montgomery County as a thriving multi-cultural community where people of all backgrounds are engaged, connected, and exercising individual and collective power to bring about the changes needed for a full and quality of life. We believe that positive change happens by connecting people, building relationships of trust, and exchanging value in an intentional network, across lines of difference – and that with enough intentionality, compassion, and practice, a mixed income, mixed culture community can thrive.
IMPACT’s board aspires to represent and practice the thriving community we are striving to create in the wider Montgomery County community, where people from diverse racial and socio-economic backgrounds are breaking through barriers and divisions, and building connections and relationships of trust with each other.
Background and Qualifications
We are seeking board members who share our vision and beliefs, and are committed to supporting the healthy development of IMPACT’s network, and ultimately a thriving, multi-cultural community. Lessons and experiences from the relationship and trust-building work that takes place at the board level will help to inform the on-going shaping and development of IMPACT’s networks in the diverse neighborhoods of Long Branch, Wheaton, Gaithersburg, and East County.
Our goal is to ensure that the composition of IMPACT’s board reflects the racial, ethnic, and socio-economic diversity of our community. Additionally, we seek a balance of community residents who are active in the IMPACT network, and established leaders from institutions who are a vital part of IMPACT’s network.
Board Member Expectations
-A belief in IMPACT’s values and mission, and a commitment to following IMPACT’s core Circle principles, which include:
- We come together as human beings and take time to build relationships.
- We actively identify and appreciate each person’s unique gifts and personal power, including our own.
- We come in to the circle with a willingness and genuine desire to ask for and provide each other with mutual support and accountability.
- We actively focus on the positive opportunities for ourselves, for the group, and for our community.
- We find ways to have fun while we push forward.
- We put shared goals into motion with courage, persistence and flexibility.
- We actively listen, seek feedback, and acknowledge mistakes at every step of the way.
- We understand that disagreement is difficult but natural and sometime necessary, and we are committed to working through our differences.
-Attend 4-6 board meetings annually
-Actively engage in the IMPACT network by contributing time, talent, and/or resources to the network. Included in that time, Board members are expected to participate in at least 2 -3 network activities per year beyond regular board meeting attendance.
-Actively participate in efforts to raise the funds needed to adequately resource the network.
IMPACT Sports Opportunities
Assistant Soccer Coach Internship