At IMPACT Silver Spring we believe positive change happens by connecting people, building relationships of trust, and exchanging value in an intentional network, across lines of difference. We believe that with enough intentionality, compassion, and practice, a mixed income, mixed culture community can thrive.
For over 17 years, IMPACT has been building community-based networks, and creating diverse community “spaces” where people and organizations can cross lines of difference, increase and strengthen social connections, bring forward their gifts, and take action collaboratively. We have knocked on over 17,000 doors, and built a loosely-affiliated network of hundreds of residents and organizations. Our network-building methodology is grounded in sharing values and practices through space creation, training, and coaching. Our current core network activities take place in the traditionally underserved neighborhoods of Long Branch and Briggs Chaney in Silver Spring, as well as similarly underserved neighborhoods in Wheaton and Gaithersburg.
A thriving multicultural community where everyone has a full and quality life because everyone is engaged, connected, and exercising individual and collective power.
To build and sustain community-based networks that ignite local inclusive economies and vibrant communities.
Our Theory of Change
We believe positive change happens by connecting people, building relationships of trust, and exchanging value in an intentional network, across lines of difference. We believe that with enough intentionality, compassion, and practice, a mixed income, mixed culture community can thrive.
- We are human beings first. Our professional positions and identity are secondary.
- We take time to build relationships, and relate to each other from a place of trust.
- We build relationships that are mutual and reciprocal. We believe that everyone has something to offer others, and something they need from others.
- We focus on strengths and opportunities, and actively bring forward everyone's gifts and talents.
- We support a local economy, placing the highest value on local capacities, resources, and talent.
- We reject racism, hatred, and intolerance in all its forms, and work to reveal, understand, and disrupt it.